Littering is a habit, and prevention starts with you. Research and experience have shown that litter is the result of individual behavior — choosing to litter or being careless in the handling of waste. Once litter is on the ground, it attracts more litter. A clean community, by contrast, can discourage littering and improve community appearance and quality of life.
- Adopt-a-Beach: KPAB hosts clean ups twice a year to keep our beach clean.
- Adopt-a-Highway: KPAB along with Marlins United has adopted 2.5 miles of Highway 361 in Port Aransas and hosts clean ups throughout the year.
- Sidewalk Buttlers: KPAB is working with business owners to install cigarette butt receptacles and is recycling them through Terracycle.
- Beach litter bags: KPAB has partnered with the City of Port Aransas to distribute litter bags for beach goers. KPAB volunteers ensure the stands are stocked with bags.
- San Jose Island Clean Ups: KPAB hosts periodic clean ups of San Jose Island (St. Joe), located directly north of Port Aransas across the Ship Channel.
- Port Aransas Voluntary Plastic Bag Ban.
- Dunk Your Junk and e-Cycling: KPAB and the City host this annual event for homeowners.